Graduate Project Assistant For KUNM
KUNM is seeking a graduate project assistant to work in our newsroom and assist with data analysis, research and web production for our Public Health New Mexico reporting project.
- Updating publichealthnm.org with new stories from KUNM journalists
- Work closely with News Director, project coordinator and journalists to assist them with data analysis for their reporting.
- Create visuals such as maps and charts to accompany the web version of news stories for kunm.org and publichealthnm.org.
- Post regularly to social media, according to guidelines from the News Director.
- Explore new data releases, existing databases for potential story ideas.
- Pursuing a graduate degree in Public Health, Sociology, Public Policy, or other field that would provide background knowledge relevant to the position.
- Experience with and passion for journalism.
- Experience with WordPress or other website content management systems.
- Experience working with data, such as advanced Excel skills, mysql databases or other similar programs.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment.
Send required documents to
Public Health New Mexico Project Coordinator/ Web Producer
Questions? Please call at 202-643-4123.