Graduate Student Project Assistant for the TREE Center
The Transdisciplinary Research, Equity and Engagement Center for Advancing Behavioral Health (TREE Center) seeks a highly motivated student to perform data entry with a commitment to improving public health to work with a multi-disciplinary team in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Transdisciplinary Research, Equity and Engagement Center for Advancing Behavioral Health (TREE Center). This is a National Institute on Minority and Health Disparities Research Center of Excellence.
The student/s will work closely with the Tree Center evaluation team and perform center evaluation data entry and data verification according to established procedures using data entry devices, data entry screens, or data handling systems. This includes analyzing data sources, note taking; quality checking data, and will performs some clerical or administrative duties. The student/s will also assist with literature search, reference software, and drafting reports. This is a great opportunity to work on a research project with the Tree Center CoInvestigators.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Inputs and retrieves alphabetical and numerical information in prescribed format, utilizing knowledge of various computer software packages.
- Balances batches to input department totals and reconciles errors.
- Verifies input data to ensure accuracy of completed work; scans and edits for errors during processing.
- May perform clerical duties as needed.
- May work on weekends and/or various shift assignments.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of client records.
- Develop and manage datasets.
- Conduct literature searches and manage reference software.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Some understanding of population/public health
- Strong knowledge of research methods
- Excellent communication skills
- Advanced writing skills
- Attention to detail and excellent data entry skills
- Strong math skills
$13-$15 per hr. DOE
Please email Alicia Rodriguez at email@example.com with a letter of intent which summarizes qualifications and related experience and a copy of resume or CV.