Seeking a Project Assistant for the UNM-Educational Opportunity Center (EOC-TRiO) for the 2018 Fall semester.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists participants with completing and submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online as well as locate and apply to additional scholarships.
- Assists participants in completing college admissions applications to the college/university of participant’s choice.
- Follow-up with EOC participants to determine unmet needs and monitor educational status/progress.
- Provide general career, financial literacy and academic advisement to potential college students.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of intake paperwork for all program applicants.
- Perform other duties, as necessary, to fulfill the EOC grant’s objectives.
- Valid NM driver's license.
- Ability to travel (with EOC Staff) throughout Torrance, Valencia, Socorro and Bernalillo counties to assist participants.
- Must be flexible and able to work from 20 to 30 hrs. per week and able to work at least two days from 8 am to 5 pm, after 5 pm and on occasions on Saturdays.
- Must have the capability and willingness to assists non-traditional students, including but not limited to at risk youth and adults, homeless and former inmates at their respective male/female facilities.
- Ability to work with diverse groups and across racial, gender and cultural boundaries.
- Ability to present at large groups.
- Fluent in Spanish preferred.
To apply please email:
Marcial Martinez (email@example.com)
The Educational Opportunity Center (EOC) – under the College Enrichment & Outreach Programs Department (CEOP) at University of New Mexico (UNM) – is a federally funded, five year, discretionary grant from the US Department of Education. The goal of the EOC program is to assist low-income, 1st generation (potential) college students get into postsecondary education.