Project Hero Support Position
The UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center seeks a highly motivated graduate student to provide support to Project HERO, a community-based research project. The work includes recruiting participants, collecting, recording, analyzing, and organizing data, and working on a collegial and dynamic professional research team. The project is 100% federally funded by an R01 grant from the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The mission of Project HERO is to increase the quality of life and overall wellbeing of cancer survivors and patients currently undergoing treatment through exercise programs. The selected graduate student will gain meaningful professional experience and knowledge working on a small team for a major grant funded program, including implementation and evaluation.
- Meet and interact with staff formally and informally
- Assist participants with surveys and clinic visits as needed
- Recruit participants by phone and/or in person
- Provide routine reports
- Collaborate in a team environment
- Collect, record, analyze, and organize data in database
- Troubleshoot challenges as they arise
- Remain flexible, creative, and communicative
- Some evenings and weekends may be required for project support from time to time
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Successful candidate will receive requisite trainings to perform job, including human subjects training (CITI)
- UNM graduate student
- Superior writing and communication skills
- Microsoft Office Suite, notably Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with human subject research, community outreach, and participant recruitment
- Experience with REDCap Databases
Start date is May 1, 2018. The position will go through May 2019 with the possibility of extending the position.
Hourly rate: Negotiable
Work Schedule: 20 hours per week
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest and three (3) references to Joseph Rodman (firstname.lastname@example.org).