Research Assistant - Data Manager
The Center for Education Policy Research (CEPR) is seeking a skilled data manager to support extraction of administrative data for the evaluation of the UNM Advance project, an NSF project that aims to improve work climate and professional development opportunities for women and minority faculty in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) at UNM. CEPR is the internal evaluator for the project and provides comprehensive consultation and planning and rigorous research and program evaluation support.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Programs, debugs, and runs queries on the new HR-IT data management system for a variety of data extracts and research reports on STEM faculty and administrators.
- Implements data validation procedures and evaluates data quality.
- Reconfigures and combines multiple file extracts to meet format, analysis, and statistical software requirements of researchers.
- Collaborates as a supportive team member with administrators and faculty, typically in the Faculty Contracts Division, to extract and reconcile data.
- Current graduate student in computer science, statistics, epidemiology or a closely related field.
- Successfully completed intermediate coursework in computer programming, statistics and/or database design.
- Proficient in extracting data from enterprise systems and PC databases.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing.
- Well organized and attends to detail; enjoys challenges and is excited to learn new skills.
- Data Manager will start in April to work a total of 40 hours during the spring 2017 semester, with varied weekly schedule depending on project requirements. Effort for fall and spring semesters through 2021 will vary between 15 and 25 hours, depending on project requirements.
- Expert in extracting data from enterprise systems and PC databases.
- Expert in merging and reconfiguring data files.
- Expert in data cleaning procedures.
- Interest in ongoing participation in project that continues through 2021.
Required Application Documents
Please email a cover letter explaining relevant training, including coursework and experience, and a copy of your resume and professional references by noon on March 17, 2017.
To Apply, Please Email Your Application Materials To
Tom Dauphinee, Ph.D.
Associate Director for Data and Analysis
Center for Education Policy Research
University of New Mexico