Rogers Research/Project Award
The Rogers Research Award provides funding up to $1200 to facilitate field research directly related to thesis or dissertation including artistic projects for MFA. Funds may be used only for travel expenses and/or lodging. Research materials including equipment are not fundable items for this award. Travel must be outside of Albuquerque. If you are traveling internationally, you must get approval from the Office of Export Control and submit wth your application. **Please note Export Control takes 1 week to get reviewed and approved.
Additionally, students traveling internationally will need to register their travel at https://studyabroad.unm.edu/section/independent-study-abroadacademic-travel-registration. This form does not have to be turned in at time of application submission, but must be submitted and approved before travel to be eligible for reimbursement if awarded.
Eligible students must be in good academic standing and enrolled in a graduate program at the time of application. Students must be registered as full time for Fall + Spring funding and to be eligible for Summer the student must have been full-time in the Spring. You may receive only one (1) grant per funding period: Summer Funding Cycle through Spring Funding Cycle. This includes Fall Funding Cycle. No student will be awarded both the Rogers Research/Project Grant, Graduate Research Supplement, or the Doctoral Conference Presentation Grant in the same funding semester.
Summer Semester Application Deadline
May 31, 2019 for funding the research to be conducted between May 16, 2019 - Aug 15, 2019.
Fall Semester Application Deadline
Sept. 16, 2019 for funding the research to be conducted between Aug 16, 2019 - Dec 31, 2019.
Spring Semester Application Deadline
Jan. 25, 2020 for funding the research to be conducted between Jan 1, 2019 - May 15, 2020.Note: Graduate Studies is not responsible for informing applicants of incomplete/incorrect applications. If at the deadline date at 5:00 pm an application is incomplete or incorrect it will not be reviewed for funding.
Materials to be included in the application:
- Application form.
- A proposal that explains the contribution of this research or project to the student’s academic progress (~700 words).
- A line item budget. No per diem. If you are requesting food reimbursement you must provide an itemized receipt. Only one entree will be reimbursed. Alcohol will not be reimbursed.
- A copy of IRB / IACUC approval or submission form, if applicable.
- A letter of support from the faculty advisor supporting the research/project
- **International Travel – Approved Export Control Review: https://isd.unm.edu/forms/international-travel-form-graduate-studies.pdf. Why?
- Export Control Guidance: https://isd.unm.edu/export-control/export-control-guidance.html
- Foreign Travel Vulnerability: https://isd.unm.edu/personnel-security/foreign-travel-vulnerability.pdf
- If you have any questions, please contact the Export Control Office at: 277-2968 or firstname.lastname@example.org OR 277-2058 or email@example.com
PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY RECEIPTS WITH YOUR APPLICATION.
If IRB/IACUC approval is required for your research/project, you must have approval before you can begin your research/project. You will not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred before approval is received. If your approved research/project begins within the funding period, you will be provided reimbursement. If you will not receive IRB/IACUC approval so that your research/project can begin during the funding period, please let us know so that we can provide funding to another student.
Please submit a completed application by 5:00 PM on the deadline date. Please note incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Notification will be made by US postal service. If you would like to inquire about award, you can email Margaret Gonzales (firstname.lastname@example.org).
No extension will be allowed due to issues with US postal services delivery, email is the best submission method.