The Spring 2017 Shared Knowledge Conference is accepting research posters from students nominated by their departments and/or program; students cannot nominate themselves. Each graduate program should nominate one poster for every 25 students in their program (programs with <25 can still nominate one poster). Students who are selected to present will benefit from the experience by adding the presentation to their CV, interacting professionally with conference attendees, gaining valuable conference experience, and having their work promoted online on the conference website.
Poster sessions will last for 90 minutes each and will run between 9:00 am - 3:45 pm on April 6, 2017 in Student Union Ballroom B.
- Posters should range in size from 24"x36”to 36"x48”, portrait or landscape orientation
- Recommended size/layout is 36"x48”, landscape orientation
- Posters should be unmounted
- Participants will have the opportunity to attend a poster design and presentation workshop offered by the Graduate Resource Center in partnership with Graduate Studies (date TBA).
Departments should complete the Poster Nomination form for each nominated student, which will be available beginning February 6, 2017 on this site. A completed nomination packet includes a 250-word abstract describing the project, the presenter’s name and contact information, and other departmental information. Preferred submission deadline for materials is March 10,2017; if departments need extra time finalizing nominees, they may indicate how many presenters they will send by submitting this form. The Shared Knowledge Conference committee will contact presenters with further instructions.
Poster Design Workshop
Students who will be creating posters for the conference are encouraged to attend one of two poster design workshops being offered by the Graduate Resource Center and Graduate Studies. Dates and times are as follows:
- Thursday, March 23rd, 2:00-4:00 pm, CTLB 110
- Friday, March 24th, 9:00-11:00 am, CTLB 110
Click here to learn more and pre-register.