Course + Workshop Offerings
Spring 2020 Academic Integrity and Research Ethics Courses: Get Certified in the Responsible Conduct of Research!
Every semester, the Academic Integrity & Research Ethics center (AIRE) offers courses for Responsible Conduct of Research certification (RCR) as well as general knowledge in academic integrity and research ethics. The contents are interesting to most graduate students and cover topics such as plagiarism, human subjects and other animals in research, authorship and publication issues, and more.
These are generally offered as 1 credit courses, but may also be taken for FREE, non-transcript credit by registering on the AIRE website. See current offerings below!
Certification in the Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) is required for graduate students, undergraduate students, and post-docs, who are supported by federal funding such as that from the National Science Foundation (NSF), National Institutes of Health (NIH), and US Department of Agriculture (USDA).
Please contact Dr. Bill Gannon (email@example.com) with questions about any of these offerings.
TWO ways to sign up: Plan A (transcript credit) and Plan B (free, non-transcript credit)
Plan A: Transcript Credit
Listed below are the Spring 2020 classes that you can register for now.
- Integrity and Ethics in Research. This one-credit, 8-week class has lectures, guest speakers, and self-driven projects.
- WHEN: Thursdays, 4:00 PM – 5:40 PM, January 30-March 26
- LOCATION: University Advisement and Enrichment Center (UAEC) Suite B69
- REGISTRATION INFORMATION: OILS 593-1 (CRN 54527)
- Research Ethics. This one-credit, 8-week class has lectures, guest speakers, and self-driven projects.
- WHEN: Tuesdays, 4:00 PM – 6:30 PM, March 24-May 12
- LOCATION: Dane Smith Hall 232
- REGISTRATION INFORMATION: BIOL 502-12 (CRN 45376)
PLAN B: Free (Non-transcripted) Attendance
To receive RCR certification without paying for a credit, click the button below. By signing up only for the certification, you can attend any of the courses listed above and receive the research ethics certificate that may be required for you.
These RCR certificate-only courses are offered in connection with PAW, the Professional and Academic Workshop series. Find more workshops and learn about the PAW certificate program by clicking on the link below or visiting paw.unm.edu.