Business Applications Developer
UNM Information Technologies is looking for candidates to fill a Graduate Student position on the Applications Commercial Off-the Shelf Development (COTS) team. The team is responsible for supporting a variety of administrative applications including the Ellucian Banner ERP suite of products, web components, and thrid-party applications. The COTS team supports Banner delivered and UNM-produced LoboWeb pages that support a variety of student and faculty processes such as Web Application for Admissions, View Test Scores and Holds, Lobo Trax Degree Audits, LoboAchieve, View Grades, Transcripts, Enrollment Certifications, Make Payments, and View Account Summary.
We are looking for motivated people with a demonstrated aptitude for learning new tools and technologies, intellectual curiosity, self-direction, collaborative team work and a customer service mentality. The successful candidate will support the mission of IT by providing high quality, professional IT services and timely response and solutions to customer requests.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- The candidate(s) will serve as a liaison to end-users concerning requests, usage, standards, security and other development and production matters. Performs analysis n current business processes and develops work estimates for applications development and upgrades to existing systems.
- In addition, the successful candidate must be adept at working on multiple projects and/or operational requests at a time. The successful candidate will focus primarily in the area of application development within the current ERP systems, reviewing manual processes in place in order to design and implement automated solutions.
- Basic programming/web scripting skills
- Basic computer architecture knowledge
- Basic database systems knowledge
- Completed at least 3 years course work (Senior Level)
- Ability to work 30-40 hours per week (over the summer)
- Minimum overall 2.75 GPA
Required Application Documents
- Cover Letter
To Apply, Please Email Your Application Materials To:
Salary: $15.00 to $17.00/hr.