Preparation Materials for LoboBITES
The following are some suggested practices and articles to help you prepare your LoboBITES presentation. Please refer to the contest rules and judging criteria as you craft your talk. Good luck!
- Watch examples of successful presentations from similar competitions
- Presentation practice is available through Centennial Library's D.E.N. 2, a private interactive space with an overhead projector and other equipment. Click here to reserve. You can check out a video camera from the Centennial service desk to record and review your presentation. Practice makes perfect!
- "Making the Most of Your Three Minutes" by Simon Clews, director of the Writing Centre at the University of Melbourne
- "Top Ten Tips for Writing and Delivering Very Brief Speeches" by Bill Cole, Founder and CEO of William B. Cole Consultants
- "10 Most Common Rookie Mistakes in Public Speaking" by Terry Gault, Managing Partner and Vice President of the Henderson Group