UNM Digital Repository
The University of New Mexico has established a Graduate Studies manuscript collection as part of the University Libraries. The UNM Digital Repository is an open access digital archive that electronically houses research and creative works produced at UNM or by UNM graduate students and faculty. When you are ready to submit your manuscript after passing your defense and completing all the formatting and approval listed above, you will submit the manuscript electronically as a single pdf file at the following URL: digitalrepository.unm.edu.
Note: It is imperative that you submit the complete manuscript including the Front Matter as a single pdf file.
Setting Up Your Account in the UNM Digital Repository
- Navigate to digitalrepository.unm.edu.
- Click on “My Account” in the upper right corner.
- Click the large red button and log in with your UNM NetID and password.
- Fill in the requested information to complete your account.
Transmitting your manuscript to the UNM Digital Repository
When you have completed all of your required revisions and saved your complete manuscript, including Front Matter, as a single PDF file, you are ready to transmit the final electronic manuscript to the UNM Digital Repository.
- Navigate to digitalrepository.unm.edu
- Click “Submit Research” in the right sidebar under “Author Corner.”
- Click on the name of your department in the list under “Electronic Theses and Dissertations. “
- You will be prompted to log in with your UNM NetID and password. If you have not already created an account, you will have the opportunity to do so now.
- Read the Submission Agreement, check the check box to accept it, and click “Continue.”
- Fill in the form fields. Required fields are flagged in red.
- At the bottom of the form, click the radio button under “Upload file from your computer.” Then click “Choose File” and select your complete manuscript file.
- Click the “Submit” button at the bottom of the form.
- You will receive an email confirming your completed submission. This email includes a link allowing you to revise your submission, until the manuscript is accepted by the Office of Graduate Studies.
The Graduate Studies Manuscript Coordinator, Mayra Estrada, will receive a notification by email when you have submitted your manuscript, and she will review your submission for final approval.
The manuscript will not be visible in the repository until the Registrar confers your degree, at which time the Graduate Studies Manuscript Coordinator will post the manuscript to the repository. Doctoral dissertations will also be submitted to ProQuest by the Manuscript Coordinator.
For technical help with the repository submission process, please send an email to email@example.com or call 277-1301.
For all other questions about theses and dissertations, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.