Funding for Graduate Students at UNM

UNM provides graduate student funding in a variety of forms. Many students receive funding through service awards such as assistantships, which are generally offered through the student's program or department. Some assistantships are offered through campus or student organizations (for listings, check "Employment Opportunities" below or contact an organization or department directly, as not all organizations and departments list their assistantships through Graduate Studies). Students often obtain funding through non-service awards, such as fellowships, grants, and scholarships. You can apply for support based funding solely on need, in the form of work-study and loans, through the University Financial Aid Office. You can also apply for extramural support by contacting national, international, or private foundations directly; listings are often available through databases such as Pivot. Explore the links below to learn more!