Doctoral Conference Presentation Award
The Doctoral Conference Presentation Award provides up to $1200 to fund travel for doctoral students (MFA included) to give oral presentations or posters at national or international, professional conferences. Funds may only be used for travel expenses, lodging, meals, and conference application fees. Applications will not be accepted for research travel. Travel must be outside of Albuquerque. If you are traveling internationally, you must get approval from the Office of Export Control and submit with your application. **Please note Export Control takes 1 week to get reviewed and approved.
Additionally, students traveling internationally will need to register their travel here. If you have any questions about completing this requirement, please contact: Global Education Office (GEO) at 505-277-4032 or StudyAbd@unm.edu. The GEO representative will send confirmation you have completed this step. **International Travel – GEO Review Application: This form does not have to be turned in at time of application submission but must be submitted and approved before travel to be eligible for reimbursement if awarded.
Eligible students must be in good academic standing and enrolled in a doctoral or MFA program at the time of application. Students must be registered as full time for Spring 2022. No student will be awarded the Rogers Research/Project grant, Graduate Research Supplement, or the Doctoral Conference Presentation Grant in the same funding semester.
Note: You may receive only one (1) grant per funding period: Summer Funding Cycle through Spring Funding Cycle. This includes the Fall Cycle.
Applications will be accepted for Spring 2022 semester with the following deadline:
- January 28, 2022 for conferences held between January 1, 2022 - May 14, 2022.
Materials to be included in the application:
- Completed application form
- The conference announcement showing acceptance as a presenter.
- A statement of applicability of the conference to the student’s doctoral/MFA program (include Banner ID).
- An abstract of the paper or poster to be presented.
- A letter of support from Ph.D. or MFA advisor/committee chair.
- A detailed budget. No per diem. If you will be requesting food reimbursement, you must provide itemized receipts. Only one entree will be reimbursed. Alcohol will not be reimbursed.
- International Travel – Approved Export Control Review: Click here for form
Please submit a complete application by 5:00 PM on the deadline date. Please note incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Notification will be made by email. If you would like to inquire about the award, you can email Margaret Gonzales (email@example.com)
No extension will be allowed due to issues with US postal services delivery. Email is the best submission method.
Note: Graduate Studies is not responsible for informing applicants of incomplete/incorrect applications. If at the deadline date at 5:00 pm an application is incomplete or incorrect it will not be reviewed for funding.